Contract the Secretariat to organize courses and workshops on topics within the sub-specialisms of neuroinformatics, data management, and introductory courses to computing for neuroscientists. INCF offers several subscription packages for FAIR data management and neuroinformatics training tailored to the needs of research groups with different scopes.
If you are interested in contracting the Secretariat to develop educational programming for your institution, please contact: email@example.com.
Types of courses and workshops typically offered by the Secretariat include:
- Introduction to programming (Python, MATLAB)
- Introduction to neuroinformatics
- Neuroinformatics reproducibility for everyone
- Enabling multiscale data integration: turning data to knowledge
- Introduction to data science
- Neurodata Without Borders (NWB) user training tutorial
- Neuroscience data integration through use of digital brain atlases
Training and education of early career “neuroinformaticians” is a major focus for the INCF, and it’s also an area prioritized by many IAC members, including MathWorks. Towards this goal, Mathworks and INCF have partnered to establish a fellowship program that engages current or recently graduated students as trainees to work on MATLAB neuroscience toolboxes.
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global program focused on bringing more student developers into open source software development. Since 2011, the INCF network has served as a mentoring organization that pairs students with developers to work on 3-month programming projects.