INCF Digital Atlasing Workshop
INCF Digital Atlasing Workshop34.6668888 135.2114751
The day-long Workshop will be held Sept. 2 at the Portopia Hotel (Nunobiki Room) and is open to everyone. Progress of the program towards interoperability among diverse atlasing efforts will be featured, including Waxholm Space (WHS) as a spatial standard for the mouse brain and INCF Digital Atlasing Infrastructure (DAI) which supports this interoperability. Highlights include demonstrations and hands-on activities with software tools, transformation services, standards development, and information about how others might take advantage of this framework. Limited spots are available. To register, please email DA-Workshop@incf.org.
Preliminary schedule for the Workshop
- 09:00 - 09:30 Overview and Goals of the INCF Digital Atlasing Program
- 09:30 - 10:00 Focus on Waxholm Space (WHS) as Spatial Standard
- 10:00 - 11:30 WHS demonstrations: Waxholm Space, Fiducial Points, Transformations, Accessing the data
- 11:30 - 12:00 Using Digital Atlasing Infrastructure (DAI): existing tools and resources for the community
- 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 - 15:00 DAI tools demonstrations: Scalable Brain Atlas, Whole Brain Catalog, MBAT, Allen Brain Atlas Brain Explorer
- 15:00 - 15:20 Break
- 15:20 - 16:00 Question and Discussion Session
- 16:00 - 16:30 Building Digital Atlasing Infrastructure (DAI)
- 16:30 - 18:00 DAI Infrastructure demonstrations: Building a Hub (examples/how to); Underlying Infrastructure Standards, e.g., atlas spaces, WaxML
A recent publication describes the data acquisition and creation of the Waxholm Space atlas: G.A. Johnson, et al. Waxholm Space: An image-based reference for coordinating mouse brain research. Neuroimage (in press).